By Pam Estes Brewer
The Academic SIG Progress for Summit 2011 will take place on Wednesday, May 18, 8:30 to 9:30 am. We will have seven excellent presentations, as both academics and practitioners address key areas of education and training for STC attendees. The following seven presentations are featured in the progression; attendees will have the opportunity at attend three of the seven presentations.
- "Hands-on Research Courses and Distance Education Classes" presented by Michael Albers (East Carolina University)
- "From Student Menu to Professional Technical Communication" presented by Valerie M. Ball (Oregon Institute of Technology)
- "STC Profession Resources for Graduates of Technical Communication Programs" presented by Thomas Barker (Texas Tech University) and Craig Baehr (Texas Tech University)
- ""Positively" Global: Editing the Work of Multilingual Writers" presented by Tatiana Batova (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee)
- "How Academics can Involve Practitioners in Educating Students" presented by Ann Jennings (University of Houston-Downtown)
- "An Ethical Perspective on Teaching Across International and Intercultural Boundaries" presented by Daniel W. Voss (Lockheed Martin) and Sara Baca (University of Central Florida)
- "Full-Time Technical Communicators as Part-Time Instructors: Improving Professional Development Practices in the Tech Comm Classroom" presented by Dave Yeats (Sentier Strategic Resources)
Please join us at STC Summit 2011!